Sunday, August 10, 2014

...And now for something completely different: #1

I've been wanting to post this little spoof for a while-
It is to the tune of Modern Major General from The Pirates of Penzance.
If you need a refresher, the link to the song is here.


I am the very model of a modern anthropologist,

I’ve information cultural, linguistic, biological,

I know of ancient cultures and I quote the sites historical,

From Clovis to Solutrean in order categorical;

I’m very well acquainted too, with matters theoretical,

I understand Claude Levi-Strauss, Foucault, Maus, and Ruth Benedict,

Darwin’s Origin of Species and methods in Archaeology,

With many cheerful facts about the writing of ethnography.


I’m very good at positing large inquiries rhetorical,

I know the scientific names of beings prehistorical:

In short in matters hominal, biped, natural, and ecologist,

I am the very model of a modern Anthropologist.

No comments:

Post a Comment